Current courses for 2017
'Terrain Riders' with Robert Claus
Riding course with the famous trail rider and author. Includes:
- Full board and overnight stay
- Board for your own horse (paddock and feed)
- Saddle control
Price: 260€ early bird special when booked by 6.8.17, 300€ regular price, single supplement +40€
Friday 8th Sept 2017
12:00 Meet and greet, accommodate and feed horses
13:00 Group Lunch
14:00 - 16:00 Demands and dangers on the ground, general behaviour in a riding group, behaviour in traffic, traffic regulations and terrain, training and conditioning of the horse, hoof maintenance, feeding.
16:00 - 16:15 Break
16:15 - 19:00 Mistakes to be avoided; first steps in case of injury/accidents, injury prevention measures, drafting a haul report, master the difficult terrain.
20:00 Evening Meal
21:00 Power Point presentation 'Go forth with the horse'
Saturday 9th Sept 2017
09:30 - 12:30 Overview of horse and riders equipment, what is necessary and has proved its' worth, Different types of saddles and saddlebags, how to customize a saddle for a horse, how to use a measure/ grader, recognising back problems, how to treat saddle or girth pressure.
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch Break
13:30 - 16:00 Assessment of a horses' riding fitness, trotting and recognising lameness, checking the back, tendon problems, what is the hoof, hoof protection, PAT values, dealing with a stethoscope
16:00 - 16:30 Coffee break
16:30 - 19:00 Introduction to navigation
20:00 Evening meal
21:00 Quality time together and closing discussion
Sunday 10th Sept 2017
10:00 - 12:00 Shared ride covering; bridles, saddles, luggage, behaviour in the group, in traffic, over terrain, orientation and challenges, lighting and safety aspects
12:00 - 13:00 Debrief
13:30 Lunch and departure
- Participants receive a proof of course completion.
- Course places limited to 10 max. Please email to register
- 260€ early bird price
- After confirmation, payment is required within 14 days to secure your registration.
Yoga and Riding
A workshop for riding and yoga enthusiasts, suitable for beginners and advanced abilities alike.
With Kathi Poetsch (Riding teacher) and Mira Kohsow (Yoga instructor). The workshop includes:
- 3x Yoga sessions, 60 mins ea
- 1x Horsemanship/Groundwork with horses around 90 mins
- 2x Western riding lessons/ Trail rides each around 90 mins
- Overnight stay in Twin rooms at ART.Quartier (single supplement applies)
- Half board, welcome drink, coffee and cake
- 1x Sauna
Price: 298€ with own horse (includes paddock and feed), 358€ with loan horse.
For more information, to register and book for November workshop, enquire latest by 25th October.